- BIFM to create shared vision with 9th 'Sustainability in FM' survey
- Release date: 26/03/2015
BIFM has launched its annual sustainability survey which looks at the way that FM professionals are engaging with the sustainability agenda
- Business benefits compromised by box-ticking approach to sustainability, says BIFM
- Release date: 17/07/2014
- Corporate image and increased regulation are main drivers of sustainable practices by businesses - Businesses are operating on ‘border’ of compliancy, lacking strategy and effective measurement of sustainable initiatives
- Sustainability courses that will help you to close the gap between policy and delivery
- Release date: 14/08/2013
Findings from the recent BIFM Sustainability Survey 2013 urge FMs to strive for sustainability goals, and whilst significant progress has been made in the implantation of sustainability policy within organisations since 2007, when the survey started, there is still a gap between policies and delivery.
- 2013 Sustainability in FM Report
- Release date: 18/07/2013
BIFM has published the findings from the 7th annual Sustainability in Facilities Management survey that provides a barometer on how facilities management professionals and the businesses they represent are engaging with the sustainability agenda.
- Carbon Reduction Commitment – Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC-EES) Performance League Table (PLT)
- Release date: 28/11/2011
The first Carbon Reduction Commitment – Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC-EES) Performance League Table (PLT) was published recently. Nearly 1% of the organisations were ranked as top performers.
- 2011 BIFM Sustainability in FM report
- Release date: 23/11/2011
The results from the annual BIFM Sustainability in FM Survey 2011 are now available. The survey examines the key drivers, issues and best practices within FM. The results for 2011 make for interesting reading, and are available for free to all members.
- 2011 Occupier Satisfaction Survey Report
- Release date: 19/09/2011
The Property Industry Alliance’s and CoreNet Global’s 2011 Occupier Satisfaction Survey, published recently indicates that Landlords are still considered to be performing poorly with regard to engaging with their tenants on sustainability and environmental issues, although there has been some improvement in the last year. Occupiers believe that landlords only perform at 40% in engaging with environmental issues.
- Waste Prevention Loan Fund launched by WRAP
- Release date: 28/07/2011
The Government-funded agency, Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP),launches a £1 million Waste Prevention Loan Fund (WPLF) to support businesses that want to introduce green business models and processes that make more efficient use of material resources, over the next four years.
- Carbon Trust guide on refrigeration systems
- Release date: 20/07/2011
A new Carbon Trust guide, launched recently, sets out easy, no or low cost steps that businesses can take to cut their refrigeration energy bills by up to 20%. The Carbon Trust is calling on businesses to cut their energy bills by checking their refrigeration systems.
- Cutting workplace carbon, not competitiveness
- Release date: 18/07/2011
Low carbon buildings need low carbon occupants – and vice versa. A report by the Low Carbon Workplace Ltd identifies systematic frameworks as key to delivering carbon reductions at low cost and implementing carbon management systems.